jueves, 22 de abril de 2010

My experience with the earthquake



At night on February 27th this year, the earth moved 8.8 degrees on the Richter Scale I was at my house with my younger sister and my dad. My sister and I were awake, my father was sleeping and my mom was traveling by bus to the North, Coquimbo.
I remember that it was the penultimate night of the Festival de Viña del Mar, this was already over, but my sister and I were still awake watching television when suddenly the chair began to move, to reassure me my younger sister told me that she was only trembling. But at seeing that the movement was growing stronger we decided to stand on the threshold of the door. When we opened the front door I saw everything was lit by the light of the moon only. As it stopped outside we saw that my dad did not move, he did not leave the house, so with my sister shouted to wake up our dad and were ready to leave if something more serious were going to happend. After a few seconds my dad came out and we stood in the doorway until it stopped moving. As soon as the earthquake stopped, we start trying to communicate with my mom, we were very worried about her, but we had lots of problems with the signal from the phone, so that we could not contact her and immediately started to collect water if it were cut.
My sister turn on a radio to know what really happened and where was the epicenter, that's what we called a cousin to know how they were and then we broke the news that my mother was right.
The truth is that I did not think it was so terrible in the morning, when it came to light, turned on the television and saw and realize how terrible it was especially in the South, because of the earthquake and tsunami hit that part of our country.
I was very sad to see that so many families had lost everything and all the people who died.
I am very grateful to God that my family was not hurt seriously and we are all well.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario